Friday, May 22, 2009

Chocolate Crinkles - GF

Cookie-baking-time ! I used this recipe to make some chocolate cookies. They taste very good, you can't even tell they're gluten-free ! They are very sweet, so I might add less sugar next time I make them....


This is also my entry for Sugar High Friday this month: Sweet Without the Wheat. The challenge is to make a dessert without any wheat whatsoever. Great challenge for me, being coeliac ;-) Fact is, there are quite some desserts that are naturally gluten-free, for instance chocolate mousse, pudding, fudge, ... But I choose cookies this time.

Chocolate Crinkles

Ingredients:
• 125ml vegetable oil
• 115g dark chocolate
• 400g sugar
• 3 eggs, room temperature
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 250g rice flour mix
• 1/2 t xanthan gum
• 1/4 t salt
• 1 t baking powder

Melt chocolate, then mix with oil and sugar. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Stir in the vanilla, then add the rice flour mix, xanthan gum, salt and baking powder. Mix everything together, then stick the bowl in the fridge for a few hours.
Heat oven to 175°C. Form dough into small balls. Place them on a greased cookie sheet (about 3cm apart), and bake 10-12 minutes.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Wow! Those look sooo good! I would definitely never guess they were wheat free.

JennK/CinnamonQuill said...

Thank you for commenting on my mochi cake post :) Ahh, chocolate cookies are so underrated, don't you think? I haven't had chocolate crinkles since going GF...Hmmm...