Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hello again + Oaxacan Cuisine

HSummer ended quite quickly, and I went back to school. New school actually, new study, new people ... All very interesting, but very tiresome. I've been quite exhausted really. Lots of things to do, too. And I'll be glad when this year is over. But I'll make it :-) Oh, and I've got a new kitty cat! She's a lovely fuzzy white thing called Svea :-)



And now: A new recipe ! I wanted to participate to this month's "Go Ahead Honey It's Gluten Free". It's been so long since I entered. The theme for November was "Oaxacan Cuisine", hosted by Kajora of Spice Lovely. To tell you the truth, I had NO idea what Oaxacan cuisine was. Something Mexican, right? Some googling brought me to some sites and some recipes. I used this one but I altered it a bit.

Oaxacan Chicken Mole

Ingredients:
• 2 chicken breast halves
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 can of skinned tomatoes
• 1 yellow paprika
• 20g black chocolate
• Salt and peper, chili powder, ground cumin, ground cinnamon and cloves to taste

Cut the chicken in bitesize pieces. Season. Cut the paprika in small pieces. Heat the olive oil, cook the chicken until brown. Stew the paprika till slightly soft. Add the tomatoes with their juices, along with the chocolate and spices. Cook until the sauce thickens up.
Serve with white rice or tortillas.
This really isn't a dish to take pictures of... But it tastes much better than it looks ! ;-)

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

I think it looks AND sounds lovely!

Congratulations on your wedding!

• friX • said...

Thank you very much !

Julie M. said...

congratulations on your marriage! You are a vision!

Where in Belgium are you? I spent a semester up in Utrecht in the Netherlands and fell in love with the entire area. Belgium beer, cheese and chocolate can sit at my table any day of the week. :)

I loved reading about your honeymoon in Sweden as well. I have relatives there and would love to visit one day!

Welcome back and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

• friX • said...

Thank you, Julie !
I'm from West-Vlaanderen. From here to Utrecht it's about 2,5 hours drive. But we do speak the same language ;-)

Sweden was gorgeous ! Really, go there, you won't regret it :-)

elra said...

Oaxacan cuisine is quite exotic ! Gorgeous photos :)

Selba said...

Your cat is so cute.. and also her name :)